Realwheels Theatre is an award-winning theatre company that creates and produces performances that deepen understanding of the disability experience. We are proudly advancing theatre practices through a disability lens.
The Acting Managing Director provides the glue that holds together a gloriously eclectic blend of people, projects and priorities. This is a salaried position that, with the Artistic Director, reports directly to the Board of Directors.
The Acting Managing Director will bring skills and knowledge to manage day-to-day operations with a compassionate and solution-focused mindset. We’re looking for a big-picture thinker, a networker with entrepreneurial, financial, and fundraising skills. The Acting Managing Director will be responsible for the oversight and management of all facets of the company’s operations as well as the development of strategic and funding partnerships for future growth.
- Strategic Planning: Initiate and participate in annual and long term planning.
- Society Compliance: Fulfill regulatory compliance requirements including annual filings.
- Operations Management: Oversee the office and all operational components, including insurance, rent, scheduling of meetings, supplies, equipment, etc.
- Fundraising: Create and manage a fund development strategy encompassing private donors, corporate sponsors, private foundations, and government funders.
- Grant writing: Research and identify government, corporate, foundation and private grant prospects to match artistic projects and priorities; In collaboration with the Artistic Director generate high-quality grant applications; Maintain primary responsibility for grant schedules and tracking grants; Coordinate the timely submission of reports to funding bodies.
- Financial Management: Oversee financial matters, including annual budget development, monthly and quarterly financial statements, cash flow, invoice approval and coding, bill payments, banking.
- Communications: Develop and implement a public communications/marketing strategy.
- Human Resources: With the Artistic Director, hire and manage staff, contractors, and volunteers.
- Producing: Oversee Realwheels’ programming and productions.
- Board Relations: Actively contribute to the board agenda and board meetings, and prepare the annual report and AGM materials.
- Ensure a safe, secure, and legal work environment.
- Develop personal growth opportunities.
Our ideal candidate will be independent, resourceful, entrepreneurial and passionate, with the following skills/experience:
- University degree in a related field and/or 3+ years in nonprofit leadership and/or comparable experience.
- Strong management experience in office systems, budgeting, and finance.
● Experience managing and supervising others.
● Understanding of the principles of marketing and experience in the use of social media.
● Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
● Past successes in developing strategic partnerships and fundraising initiatives.
● Enthusiasm for a collaborative work environment and partnership-building.
● Strong problem-solving skills and ability to be flexible.
- Familiarity with the Vancouver and Canadian performing arts community.
● Familiarity with or significant interest in issues around equity for persons with disability.
● Experience working with community and community organizations.
We invite you to apply even if you do not feel you fulfill ALL of the qualifications listed here.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Acting Managing Director Position”. Don’t hesitate to let us know if you require accommodations in your application process. We’re flexible and will welcome a submission format that is most equitable and accessible for you. We request documents be sent as a Microsoft Word document for accessibility of our board members.
Apply as soon as possible; interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis.
Realwheels strongly supports and values diversity and fosters an equitable and inclusive work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from members of all equity-seeking groups and invite you to self-identify in your application. We will be pleased to assist you with appropriate accommodation in the interview and/or workplace.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
REMUNERATION: Salary is $55,000 based on a 4 day/week schedule. With benefits.
START DATE: As soon as possible.
Contact Name: Amy Amantea
Contact Email: email@example.com