Name of position: Marketing Assistant (Part-time, Canada Summer Job)
Deadline: July 28, 2021
Organization Description: Realwheels Theatre is an award-winning Vancouver-based theatre company with a mission to create and produce performances that deepen understanding of disability. Our vision is full inclusion and integration of disability both on – and off – Canadian stages; a barrier-free, diverse performing arts world that reflects the real world and all its people. We’re driven by four core values: authenticity in representing disability; innovation in content, presentation, and technology; inclusiveness in working with professionally trained artists with disabilities; and advocating for equity on behalf of performers, backstage workers, and patrons with disabilities.
Job Description: Realwheels is seeking a creative and energetic individual to join our team to enhance our marketing efforts, primarily in the digital realm. This is an excellent opportunity for a creative, organized and self-sufficient person with initiative and drive to be involved with a leading disability theatre company. This is a team-oriented, hands-on position to pursue new opportunities to engage, curate and report on trends.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Write and edit materials across multiple digital platforms; Develop and maintain a social media calendar; Design and creation of a monthly newsletter within the MailerLite platform; Ensure high-quality, consistent, brand aware and engaging postings.
- Regular updates of our WordPress website including SEO management; Blogging; Creation and monitoring of Google Adwords campaigns.
- Create images for use across multiple digital and print platforms.
- Develop trusted partnerships with like-minded organisations; Promote the organization to other applicable communities.
- Monitor market trends, community events and industry activity; Prepare a monthly report of analytics.
- On-site photography of events and programs (dependant on COVID-19 safety precautions); Collaborate with other staff, contractors and volunteers at Realwheels; Ensure appropriate filing and administrative tasks are completed; Other administrative assistance as necessary.
Qualifications: As the successful candidate, you will have an understanding of the disability experience. You have superior written and oral communication skills. Social media and graphic design skills are a must, and knowledge of the Google Workspace (G Suite) is an asset. Completion of Grade 12 or high school equivalent is preferred but not necessary. You are an enthusiast person, with a passion for equity and disabilities justice. The ideal candidate is a collaborative team worker who takes initiative and can work independently.
Realwheels is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals representing diverse backgrounds. Priority will be given to applicants who self-identify as living with disability, being part of equity-seeking groups, or having additional barriers to entering or staying in the labour market.
Candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered: be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment; be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and, have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Location, Hours & Schedule: This position is 12 hours per week, for 23 weeks excluding a break in December. Work schedule TBD but hours will generally be daytime, Monday to Friday. Anticipated start date is Sept 7th, 2021. Most work will be able to be done remotely but must the successful candidate must be available for occasional meetings and work at our office on SW Marine Drive in Vancouver, BC.
How to Apply: Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday, July 28 at 11:59pm, according to the following guidelines:
- Please include 3-4 samples of previous graphic design and/or writing work you have done (ie: blogs, social media posts, etc) along with your cover letter and resume;
- Please use “(your surname)_Marketing Assistant 2021” as the subject of your email;
- Please state in the cover letter if you meet the Canada Summer Job eligibility requirements (see details under qualifications).
If an individual needs to submit their application in a different manner for accessibility reasons, please contact us at (604) 322-7325 at least one week before the deadline.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.