Join the Realwheels Team!
Realwheels is an award-winning, Vancouver-based professional theatre company. We create and produce performances that deepen understanding of the disability experience, and we work toward full inclusion and integration of disability both on — and off — Canadian stages.
Realwheels values authenticity in representing disability; innovation in content, presentation and technology; inclusiveness in working with artists; and we advocate for equity on behalf of performers, backstage workers and patrons with disabilities.
Through our theatre productions, community engagement projects, Acting Academy, and advocacy for access, we’re building a diverse performing arts world that reflects the real world and all of its people.
Realwheels Theatre is seeking an Assistant Arts Administrator for a contract position. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you’ll be responsible for:
- Providing administrative assistance to the Managing Director and the Interim Artistic Director;
- Creating and maintaining databases and organizational calendars;
- Supporting organization fundraising including preparing fundraising requests;
- Maintaining organized, clear, and comprehensive files and written procedures for all aspects of the role;
- Occasionally writing and editing materials for diverse audiences;
- Monitoring and maintaining Social Media channels, and supporting the Marketing and Communications Consultant with posts and campaigns;
- Providing additional administrative production support when needed;
- Participating in weekly staff meetings;
- Other duties as requested.
As the ideal candidate, you are known for being a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Others describe you as organized and you’re always looking to improve ways of doing things in order to make them more efficient and effective. You have practical experience in writing and editing communications or documents for various audiences. Your ability to think strategically and problem solve while possessing a strong attention to detail will be key. You have a solid understanding of disability issues and have lived experience and/or strong connection to people living with disability. Practical work experience in the theatre industry, or broader arts and culture sector, would be an asset.
This contract position will be for 15 to 18 hours per week during regular business hours. Most work will be done remotely; however, the ideal candidate will live in the Lower Mainland and be available to work in our office space from time to time as we continue to transition back to our office location (780 SW Marine Drive, Vancouver, BC).
Rate of pay is $23/hour.
Realwheels strongly supports and values diversity and fosters an equitable and inclusive work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from members of equity-seeking groups. We will be pleased to assist you with appropriate accommodation either in the interview and/or workplace.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 15th, 2023.
We thank all applicants, but please be advised that only those considered for an interview will be contacted.