We’re seeking an Assistant Arts Administrator for a contract position.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you’ll be responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining databases and organizational calendars;
- Supporting organization fundraising including preparing fundraising requests;
- Maintaining organized, clear, and comprehensive files and written procedures for all aspects of the role;
- Occasionally writing and editing materials for diverse audiences;
- Supporting the Managing Director and Board of Directors with administrative functions as requested;
- Other duties as requested.
As the ideal candidate, you are known for being a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Others describe you as organized and you’re always looking to improve ways of doing things in order to make them more efficient and effective. You have practical experience in writing and editing communications or documents for various audiences. Your ability to think strategically and problem solve while possessing a strong attention to detail will be key. You have a solid understanding of disability issues and have lived experience and/or strong connection to people living with disability. Practical work experience in the theatre industry, or broader arts and culture sector, would be an asset.
This contract position will be for eight to ten hours per week during regular business hours. Most work will be done remotely; however, the ideal candidate will live in the Lower Mainland and be available for weekly meetings once it is safe to do so.
Rate of pay is $22/hour.
Realwheels strongly supports and values diversity and fosters an equitable and inclusive work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from members of equity-seeking groups. We will be pleased to assist you with appropriate accommodation either in the interview and/or workplace.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 7th, 2020.