Job Title: Educational Administrator – NEW POSITION
Organization: Realwheels Society
Deadline: Rolling until position is filled
Job Status: Contract (Part Time or flexible)
Realwheels theatre is an award-winning theatre company with a mandate to create and produce performances that deepen understanding of the disability experience. We have an exciting opportunity to launch an actor training program customized to persons who self-identify as living with disability. A FIRST in Canada!
Our Vision: Full inclusion and integration of disability both on – and off – Canadian stages; a barrier-free, diverse performing arts world that reflects the real world and all of its people.
We’re looking for an individual who possesses tremendous entrepreneurial and organizational skill to implement and administer an equity-based artist training project. The Educational Administrator will be charged with oversight and management of all facets of the training program’s operations.
This position is responsible for strategic, academic and administrative leadership. TheEducational Administratorwill initiate and oversee the general operations of the school/academy, which will offer customized curricula in Acting, Voice, and Movement. This role intersects education, management, theatre and disability. The ideal candidate will be independent, resourceful, and passionate about advancing equity initiatives.
Flexible hours (16 – 24 hrs/week). May need to work full-time over limited periods (anticipating up to 100 working days in the first year).
- Provide vision and direction through annual planning, development and implementation of strategies that support the direction and priorities of the program.
- Lead and participate in the development and implementation of policies and procedures regarding instruction and operations.
- Coordinate, plan, and schedule educational activities and delivery of services to achieve program goals
- Cultivate and maintain networks with government, performing arts, and training communities to develop new relationships and expand existing partnerships that help enhance or fund the program.
- Oversee administrative aspects of the program, including student records, class scheduling, instructor recruitment, and electronic communications with students and instructors
- Supervise, evaluate, schedule work and determine priorities for assigned instructors and personnel
- Collect data on all areas of program activities for evaluation of program effectiveness
- Develop and establish policies/procedures for implementation as applicable to the program
- Oversee marketing initiatives, including developing and designing promotional materials such as posters, pamphlets, program descriptions, and other educational materials for publication and distribution.
- Oversee general financial management and administration.
- Assists with grant applications and proposal writing.
Skills and Experience:
- University degree in educational administration, theatre administration, or comparable experience
- A demonstrated proficiency in English and the ability to effectively communicate tactfully, both orally and in writing.
- Strong management experience in office systems, budgeting, finance and marketing
- Effective supervisory skills.
- Ability to communicate and deal effectively with others, providing clear and accurate information.
- Organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity with the Vancouver and Canadian performing arts community
- Familiarity with or significant interest in issues around equity for persons with disability
- Enthusiasm for a collaborative work environment and partnership-building
- Experience working with community and community organizations.
- Use of personal vehicle is helpful.
COMPENSATION: $30.75 – 34.25/hr
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a letter of application and a resume (In one PDF file), to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Educational Administrator” in the subject line.
Realwheels strongly supports and values diversity and fosters an equitable and inclusive work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from women, persons of colour, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and members of other marginalized or under-represented groups.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.